Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: About Red Christmas outfit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Monika's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Ok, I seem to be in the minority about this, but I am not too crazy about the red dress that came out this year. Mainly, I guess, because of the 'mules' for the shoes.

    For those of you that have the dress, do the mules stay on during 'child' play?

    I've had to put the sandels that have come with some of the summer outfits away because they are always falling off. Does anyone have a 'trick' to keeping them on?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kailey came with her sandals attached to her feet using those clear hair rubber bands looped around the shoe then used as a backstrap. I thought it was a good idea. The only bad thing with her sandals is that they're soft and the pressure of the bands was putting dents in the shoes. But any sandal that has more sturdy material should do just fine with this. And it only works for sandals since there's nothing to loop the band around on a clog.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the clogs because they sure are easier to get on than some of the others (see: Molly's black plastic ones), but your prediction is quite correct- the clogs don't stay on to well. The mere act of picking up the doll to move her to another room can not be done without losing one or both shoes along the way.
    That being said, I still like the outfit. It is waaaaaaay expensive, but is quite adorable and really flatters my Emma doll complexion/eyes/hair (GT21).

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ubarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2003
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not wild about it. I didn't get it, and i don't think i will regret it. The Bitty Baby one is cute though.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got the dress and love it - have tried it on several of my girls and love the look on all of them! [img]smile.gif[/img] However, as has been mentioned, the shoes do not stay on. [img]frown.gif[/img] I wish they had made complete red velvet shoes instead of just those mules/clogs. Now that would have been beautiful! [img]wink.gif[/img] If you want to have shoes on with it during anything but display, I suppose you could just wrap the clear elastic bands around the foot and shoe together. Barring that, black patent/velvet shoes would also work with this dress, as would white, or perhaps best of all, silver. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •